DJ Ricardo! featured in Special Madonna issue of Odyssey Magazine
Full page feature in Odyssey Magazine NYC Feb 2015 Madonna Issue
DJ Ricardo’s Top 12 Favorite Madonna Remixes:
1. “Frozen” (Victor Calderone Extended Club Mix) 1998
2. “Open Your Heart” (Extended version) 1986
3. “Jump” (Axwell Remix) 2006
4. “Nobody Knows Me” (Peter Rauhofer Private Life part 1) 2003
5. “Living For Love” (Erick Morillo Club Mix) 2015
6. “Deeper & Deeper” (Shep Pettibone Classic 12”) 1992
7. “Fever” (Murk Boys Miami Mix) 1993
8. “Bedtime Stories” (Deep Dish Remix) 2003
9. “Drowned World/Substitute For Love” (BT & Sasha’s Bucklodge Ashram Remix) 1998
10. “Secret” (Junior’s Sound Factory Mix) 1994
11. ”Celebration” (Benny Benassi Remix) 2009
12. “Girl Gone Wild” (Offer Nissim Remix) 2012
Sorry folks I never liked Vogue. It was just always too obvious for me.
Odyssey Magazines Los Angeles July 12-25 2013
Yes, I reviewed my own Album, but to my defense how could I miss out on such a great promotional opportunity? So yes, I created the album, picked the tracks, mixed and edited the mix, picked the model, helped with the graphics and implemented a marketing plan, so why not review my own album? =)
To my defense I included 2 other albums as well, enjoy the review!
DJ Ricardo! Cruise Control: Highway/ City
Part 1 Highway: A dreamy rock mix for long distance driving.
Also available on:
Subscribe to my Podcast on Podomatic:
- M83 “Intro”
- Sasha Ft. Kristen Linder “Cut Me Down” (Original)
- M83 “Midnight City” (Eric Prydz Mix)
- Eric Prydz “Everyday” (Original)
- Lana Del Rey “Ride” (Hugo Baritt Remix)
- All Mankind “Simple Desire” (Manhattan Clique Club)
- Depeche Mode “Everything Counts” (Oliver Huntemann & Stephan Bodzin Dub)
- Smashing Pumpkins “1979” (DJ Ricardo’s Dreamy Mashup)
- Silversun Pickups “Dots and Dashes” (Enough Already) (Ricardo’s Break Beat Re-edit)
- Atlas Genius “Trojans” (Original)
- Hot Chip “Flutes” (Sasha Mix)
- Fehrplay “I Can’t Stop” (Original)
Nothing like driving long distance while speeding down the highway, if you are listening to the right music it can be a form of meditation. As a DJ, I have playlist always ready with selections formulated to fit every occasion. One of my favorite playlists is one specifically formulated for driving down long empty highways. Each selection consists of artist and remixers like Sasha and Nick Warren and bands like Smashing Pumpkins & Depeche Mode. On overall theme consisting of beautiful melodic ethereal music with lots of chord progression. This is what I want to hear when I am driving, 80mph down a highway. I recently recorded an opening dj set at Greenhouse NYC, which I mixed for sole purpose of listening during a long drive. Phoenix is a rock club, so all my sets included some electronic versions of indie and rock bands. I really enjoyed that set and decided to rework the mix, add some tracks and release to the public. There is a little bit of everything here, but hopefully I kept one vibe.
Highway, the first part of the mix, is designed to have you feel soar through that lonely highway and prepare you for arriving to part 2, City a darker, sexier and grittier mix.So get in your car and press play, I guarantee you it will be one epic journey!
Part 2 City A drive down dark seedy city streets will be released beginning of April.